GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Kurruption @ EP Lounge -Guest JDS (Darren Pearce)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoelee

Club Manager

Vibes: 160.93

Member #: 8,223

Post Post subject: Kurruption @ EP Lounge -Guest JDS (Darren Pearce) Reply with quote

Kurruption @ EP lounge
Saturday March 18th
8pm - 3am
£7 before 9pm / £10 after

Room 1:
JDS
Alex Parsons
Trent Anthony
Clint Wuest
Mark Nash

Room 2:
CD
Mark Bowler
Nathan Larkin

After the success of our launch party Kurruption are back to bring you more of the finest entertainment!

The EP lounge has proven to be a big hit with the Kurruption crowd. With a fantastic sound system, great space, friendly staff, nicely priced drinks and a great variety of beers …what more can you ask for??? … Wait, there is more!!.... Kurruption offer you FREE delicious pizza between 8pm and 10pm at every event and best of all we are here to bring you the best in house, breaks and electro!

This month we are very pleased to have JDS (Darren Pearce) as our guest DJ. Darren has been moving dancefloors with his DJ'ing for over 10 years and is increasingly in demand. On the production side of things JDS ( Darren Pearce and Julian Napolitano ) have rocked both the breaks and house worlds yet again with another 'stupidly massive' (James Zabiela) tune 'Purple Funky Monkey'. Radio 1 DJ's caned it and it was one of the biggest selling tunes ever on TCR.
Their sound has become so in demand that they've remixed everyone from Orbital and Jason Nevins to Rennie Pilgrem to name a few!

The Kurruption DJs will be playing alongside Darren and will once again not fail to please! In the main room we will progress from house into a night of floor stomping breaks finishing off with an electro house set from the Kurruption popular Clint Wuest. Down In the den ( Room 2) Nathan, CD and Mark will be impressing us with their Funky, tough and electro house skills.

This really is not one to be missed!

Join our Dontstayin group here for all the news and updates! www.dontstayin.com/parties/kurruption

To hear Alex Parsons' latest electro mix right click and save target as here: http://raven091.hostultra.com/Downloads/DJAlex01.mp3

For all the Kurruption DJ pages, galleries and more music downloads go to the Kurruption web site: www.clubkurruption.co.uk

Email clubkurruption@gmail.com
www.clubkurruption.co.uk
Zoelee: 07879630674

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:59 am
Zoelee

Club Manager

Post Post subject: Interview with JDS ( Darren Pearce) Reply with quote

Right, if you don’t mind can you give us a quick run down of how you got into the whole production and Djing scene all those years ago. I hear you had a few residencies at some events in the late 90’s?

I started doing my own gigs at the end of school - Hire halls and function rooms at back of pubs and just getting mates to come along. Then as we got a group of about 200-300 people to each event other promoters started to get me to DJ as they knew quiet a few of my lot would come along. One of these was a once a month gig at Middlesex & Herts county club on a Sunday evening we would get up to 1600 there! Graham Gold used to come down, liked how I worked and when Peach started asked me to be one of the residents which went on for 11 years. I was also a resident at Sunny side up which was a Sunday afternoon party. Total madness! I was there for about 9 years also a Saturday resident at the Chunnel club for a night called Trinity for about 8 years.

Was your progression into the house and breaks scene a gradual one, or was there one particular tune that was the decider?

No not really I’ve always played different types of music and it just seemed to evolve that way.

Most people I have spoken to got hooked when you released your album, ‘The Adventures Of The Purple Funky Monkey’. Did you expect it to be such a huge success and do you have any plans to follow that album up with anything just as great in the near future?

We were very happy with the way people received the album as when you put a dance album out there the public are sometimes not up to it! Julian and I have been in the business since early nineties so it was something we always wanted to do .We definitely want to do another album…. We'll just have to see what happens….

You have many different guises… How on earth do you come up with them all and do you ever forget them... How many is it now?

Always forget everything. Bad memory!!

I personally would always like to hear people producing more uplifting tunes that really get the crowds on the dancefloor moving. Are you enjoying any of the minimal electro sounds that seem to be so popular at the moment?

Some of the electro stuff has some real cool elements to it. We try to take the bits we like and incorporate into what we do making our sound grow and keeping us on our toes.

You have been adored by the likes of Laurent Garnier who described you as ‘Brilliance’ and Norman Cook who has gone on record as saying ‘JDS do THE best breaks sets ever’. Who do you rate as highly as all that in the scene?

Really liking the way James Zabelia is mixing things up and using scratching in a good way - not just doing it to make people look at him. I love Basment Jaxx as they get that dance commercial crossover while still staying ‘club’ which is a very hard thing to do.

Do you still enjoy djing as much as you used to or would you rather be locked away at home creating new tunes?

I love djing especially when the crowd are up for it. I know it is what I’m
meant to be doing and playing your own tunes and seeing the crowd react is
brilliant!

…and your most enjoyable gig to date?

I don’t really like to put one gig to the forefront, but when I was resident at Sunny and Peach it was fantastic. As long as crowds in all the countries I play at want to dance… I’ll enjoy it!

...The weirdest?!

I was ask to play a club down on the south west coast and it was really hard house. The promoter asked my mate if I would come off the decks if he gave me £100 more. Of course I said yes! Not for the money but I knew they were not into what I was doing. That’s they only time I have been taken off though!

You’re a family man so I guess that you are subjected to the crazy tunes that kids pick up on in the charts. Are there any recent pop tunes you’d like to remix or any that you’d wish had never been made!?

My kids have quiet good taste to be honest they like R&B and Reggie. The song I hate is that McDonald/KFC one. What crap!!

So, what have you been up to in the studio lately? Any new releases in the pipeline?

I'm always in studio! There are some remixes we have done of our old classic Nine Ways. Also we have 2 new tracks ready to go. On Paradox 3000 we have 6 tracks waiting to go… Just cant get them out quick enough!
Also on my own solo project Electrotec I have got 5 tracks ready but sometimes just don’t end up
releasing them and only end up using them when playing out! I’ve also got a mix comp BEATZ & BOBZ VOL 6 in April/may and a few booties on my Shoe label to.

You are playing at Kurruption in Farringdon on March 18th. The EP lounge is a small intimate venue and the Kurruption crowd are a friendly bunch, a lot of them being mates. Are you a big venues only man, or do you enjoy playing to the smaller crowds too?

I love playing to any crowd. Sometimes big is not so intimate, so small with friendly people are always a good thing.

Last thing… The free gourmet pizza at Kurruption is proving very poular at the start of our events! If you had to pick a random topping what would it be?!

I like some nice spicy chicken on my pizza.

Thanks a lot Darren. Looking forward to meeting you next week and I’ll place that order for you!

Cheers, see ya next weekend!

[img]./images/uploads/thumb_c03ae72219394494016473d3fb708b1d.jpg[/img][c]Click here to view original image[/c]

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:47 am
Zoelee

Club Manager

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

.......ha ha...we keep bumping the Jonathan lisle thread by mistake!

Sorry guys!

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:42 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Club Listings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: