GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why do people loose their mind completely sometimes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stream

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 328.47

Member #: 1

Post Post subject: Why do people loose their mind completely sometimes? Reply with quote

Last Sunday something tragic happened close to where I grew up. A father killed his 2 kids, wife and himself. I was pretty shocked when I read the news but it happened about 50km from where my parents live so I was a bit worried it could happen in such a small place.

Yesterday I read the local newspaper and the father's name was mentioned there. His name sounded so familiar...and after some thinking I remembered who had that name. I read some more details and found out that this person was someone I knew...had to call my parents to verify...and unfortunately they confirmed it was the person I thought of Sad

Must say this was VERY shocking. How could he loose his mind and do such a thing?? He was a colleague of my brother...and I worked at the same company for some time. I always looked at him as a very funny and positive person. He was always telling jokes and doing pranks, and at the same time he was responsible and did his tasks correctly and precisely.

The night before the murders he was out with friends having a few beers...he told his closest friend his wife wanted to leave him, but was still in a good mood, and joking as he always did. The next day he travelled to the cabin where his wife and kids were this weekend....broke in through a window and shot them all and himself (with a automatic weapon).
This is just so unbelievable Neutral Can't find words to describe it....what worries me most is that he, who was known as a "good" person could do such a thing...what about all other people around who are not that "good" in general...what does it take for them to do such things? I think it's *beep*...
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:39 pm
Ami

i:Vibes Helper

Vibes: 5.14

Member #: 1,823
Location: tending to my rose garden on the other side of the moon

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, im gonna say somthing that may sound selfish, but i am happy that these events happen fairly rarely, but always apprehensive that it could be you in the middle of it anytime soon

thats the stark reality of life, with the unpredicabilty and uncertanity that we proceed thro life, at times its amazing i think that we as humans have progressed so far, yet at same time, progress bacwards at the same time in other areas that it often seems on the brink of insanity

at the heart of this, i can probably say that often teh problem is that we as humans or individual persons, do not understand enough about oursleves and the world arround us, yes it seems like we're gathering knowledge and moving forwards towards the future at an amazing pace, but arent we leaving something behind, people are workign longer hours, harder tasks. and neglecting family and personal wellbeing (this is just one example), and problem with todays society is that we all in all tend to treat the symptms of a problem rather than the cause, everywhere this is apprent and even more so in the western world, i see this apparent in western and eastern medicine and have found the principles to apply generally.

In addition i feel that as a western society, especally the males, we tend to burden ourselves with problems, and it maybe pride or stuborness, or selfishness to achieve everything and solve everything, that unbekownst to themsleves that the pressure and mental stress builds up, and it might get too much one day

Moreover with this current climate and world situation, it doesnt help to be bombarded with the stark negative reality, in the old days before tv or a mass media network, when you rarely got to hear about world events, it might have been differnt, but with tv beaming in events and the media hyping and overblowing stories in the search for high ratings, it seems that what we have here is now an interconnecting netowrk between the world and the ppl, due to the tv, almost like if a person has an intangible link to the outside world, and the pain is being fed these negative responses everyday will have a cummlative effect, on a person, sadly this and many other reasons might be why society is so depressed (intresting to see the nest pharamceutical medicine sellers list i gurantee you the top ones on that list are all lifestyle drugs antidepresents and other non life threatening drugs, a reflection on society perhaps)

i find, that you need to get away from the negativity, and for me there are several things, i will say that the most relevant and amazing one for me has to be music

to be able to get put music one and sit down and escape th world explore emtions and memories thro music, is just an amazing quality of music, that has helped many in the past, for me it is just not a output of creativity, the best trance music, can and does often serve for me as a tool, tool for reflection, exploration, understanding, and experincing new emotions,memories, thought and it in many cases continually redefines and broadens my horizons and expectations of life

just by sitting there listening, i seemingly find times when i am in profound thought, intense emotion, and a increaasingly sense of wellbeing and appreciation, im not sure if this applies for many other ppl, but i beleive i have found a invaluble resource to helping me guide thro life and understand it all for the more better

if not, im sure theres many other things in life that by spending time at you can find solace and harmony of the spirit, soul and the mind, art, music, praying, helping mankind and ppl, anything to bring out the best in humanity, by taking part, i find that at times it feels that, i have added to my life immeasurably, like when i take the time out t play with childeren/babies that i know, seeing there inocance, and new found thrist for life, awaiting the world, nothing to detract from the passion of life, when i sometimes look in there eyes, and see a reflection of myself in there eyes, often i feel i am seing into another world, and it helps me get a better and much more postivie veiw of the enduring human spirit, every person i meet, every person i talk to, i feel and hope that i will learn something from him, and i have the potentail to gain a lifetimes worth of knowledge from them, and understand human nature and myself, i think and like to think with every new contact i learn and gain, and with there potentiall being 6 billion ppl in the world i have the opertunity and potential to gain underdstanding and knowledge from 6 billion ppl, to help myslef understand me and others and overall human nature

whatever you find that brings solace and comfort to your mind and soul, or you havent, i hope that you do. taht you find somthing to help yourself, wether that maybe music, childeren, i implore you that you find at least a few minuted in your life, with quality time, to get away from the negativity surrounding us, i only say this, as if it can be anything like i experinced, then i wish at times, everyone on the world can find peace, like i have at times been fortunate to have had maybe the human spirit is endearing but human nature isnt

as for the departed family and children, i can only say i hope they find peace and solace that they had tragically taken away from them, and that at least their departing has postive effects and helps ppl to understand and live a better life, that will be there greatest gift in there tragic departure, a gift that is like a jewel that unfortunatly only shines in the heart of ppl at such times of tradgey, and may there gift and hope shine eternally and help others

swirled away.....
Abandoning Friends,
Abandoning Humanity,
What awaits us all
Is the path to emptiness.
Knowing my heart
The flowers weep,
And the wild Birds cry.

-------------------------------

ha en trevlig dag
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:58 pm
Mathew

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 63.09

Member #: 230

thats just it... life is so unpredictable. sometimes shitty things happen, but just think, if ww2 hadnt of happened (which was a really big shitty mess) then trance and house and other music may not be about today?! its hard to believe, but everything we do is keeping the world on a track - but think about if it didnt. quite deep conversation now, but everything happens because of inevetability... life is life, and you cant do anything about it, it happens like it does because it happens like it does, and everything that you, yer m8s, yer postman, yer milkman, yer boss and the whole world and its inhabitants do is inevetibale, and happens like it does...

for example, if you are about to knock some paint over, and someone stops you, that isnt luck, that was bound to happen, and thats the same with hans' story. as shit as it may seem, that was bound to happen - even if you didnt expect it! Confused
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:25 pm
nervygrl

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.00

Member #: 2,708

Post Post subject: Re: Why do people loose their mind completely sometimes? Reply with quote

v/ sad story.

Stream wrote:
always telling jokes and doing pranks

Maybe a tiny red flag? Aggression has this little trick of getting it's way without repercussions through "humour." And a guy who's humour is on overtime seems to be hiding something...

And notice how often it's the "good neighbors" that shock us when they reveal themselves.

Just thinking about these things is upsetting.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:01 pm
kuRtis248

Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 4.50

Member #: 1,689

Sad
you never know what's going inside people's minds
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:28 pm
White_Lightning
Its_cider_mmm_such_lovely_cider
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 51.50

Member #: 1,506

the human mind is so advanced and complicated..there can be the odd occasion where not even ourselves can understand (at times) or predict what we are going to do next....if that makes any sense???

also people are very clever at bottling up their emotions without talking to anyone about how they are feeling..and sometimes this can cause people to go 'nuts' and loose there heads. as they feel they have no where to go.

but events like this really open your eyes....its all fcuked up...sorry u had to go through it mate

NUFC!!!
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:41 pm
Ian
on a long term break
i:Vibes Crew

Vibes: 79.70

Member #: 1,132

It may be a rare occurence but actually if u look at it from a worldwide perspective lots of bad things are happening all of the time, from children being abducted & murdered to paedofiles to murderers to people who are fighting in the cause of 'religion'.

I think the whole explanation is that nothing in this world is as it seems, and the only people who have any idea how we really work are ourselves and sometimes we don't know. The entire world is going to end up in a meltdown and totally go backwards in evolution to the dinosaurs imo Crying or Very sad
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:42 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: